Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Some Random Quotes

"If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God as your goal in life, it will, in the end, make no difference what you choose instead." ~ Neal A. Maxwell ~

"If you meet someone in whose presence you feel a desire to achieve, who inspires you to do your best, and to make the most of yourself...such a person is worthy of your love and is awakening love in your heart." ~ David O. McKay ~

"The most satisfying experience I have is to see what this Gospel does for people.  It gives them a new outlook on life.  It gives them a perspective that they have never felt before.  It raises their sights to things noble and divine.  Something happens to them that is miraculous to behold.  They look to Christ and come alive." ~ Gordon B. Hinckley ~

"We counsel you, young women and young men, not to pollute your minds with degrading matter, for the mind through which filth passes is never the same afterward." ~ Ezra Taft Benson ~

"Practice self-discipline to be in harmony with your Heavenly Father:
1.  Avoid rationalization.
2. Keep the commandments.
3.  Discipline comes one step at a time.
4.  Become strong through prayer.
5.  Self-discipline brings harmony."

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

"Sacrifice: To give up something good for something better."

"Our gifts and opportunities differ; some are more visible and impactful... We all have at least one gift and an open invitation to 'seek earnestly the best gifts'."  ~ Neal A. Maxwell ~

"If you want pleasure, you can have it right now, but you'll pay for it the rest of your life.  If you want joy, you pay for it now and enjoy it the rest of your life."

"It is better to PREPARE and PREVENT than it is to REPAIR and REPENT." ~ Ezra Taft Benson ~

"Helping hands tighten the load, and shorten the road when given a job to do.  If each hand feels a part of the task from the start, they'll be joined when their labor is through." ~  Judy Beck ~

"If we learn to work early in life we will be better individuals, better members of families, better neighbors, and better disciples of Jesus Christ, who Himself learned to work as a carpenter."  ~ Neal A. Maxwell ~

"While others may tire or quite in despair, or feel as if failure is too hard to bear - I will keep going, put failures aside, if I can't keep up then I'll lengthen my stride.  I've made up my mind, set my sight on a quest, through many have tried, few gave it their best.  Trying my hardest is what makes me great, desire and determination, not fortune and fate."  ~ Judy Beck ~

"Let us reaffirm more vigorously than we ever have in the past that it does matter where you marry and by what authority you are pronounced man and wife.  All of our efforts in proclaiming the gospel, perfecting the Saints, and redeeming the dead, lead to the holy temple.  This is because of the temple ordinances are absolutely crucial, we cannot return to God's presence without them."  ~ Howard W. Hunter ~

"Happiness is the state of becoming."

"Happiness is cleverly nested in the process of attainment."

"A definite goal is the beginning of self confidence and persistence."

"A leader is one who:
1. Identifies the wants and needs of all.
2. Teaches them to establish worthwhile goals.
3. Help them to attain their goals."

"The characteristics of powerful goals consider:
1. Personal Reward
2. Overall need
3. Real Purpose
4. Wants, Needs, and Ideas of Others
5. All Major Phases of Life
6. Long Range Attachments
7. Specific Short Range Plans
8. Control & Evaluation"

"The Virtues of Goal Setting:
1. Unites in purpose
2. Establishes Order
3. Releases Creativity
4. Unlocks personality
5. Eliminates Apathy & Discouragement
6. Improves decision making
7. Magnifies powerful characteristics (belief, enthusiasm, courage, persistence, empathy, charity)
8. Enables to fix specific responsibilities
9. Provides evaluation & correction"

"The Process of Goal Attainment:
1.  Define the Purpose
2.  Establish the Goal
3.  Visualize Success
4.  "Spend the Rewards"
5.  Openly Commit
6.  Outline Specific Plans (time, measurement)
7.  Control the Moment
8.  Make the "Little" Decisions
9.  Courageously Act
10. Involve Others
11. Stand Firm"

"If only you could see the vision I have.  I wish I had your bodies to do this work.  I would run from house to house telling everyone of the gospel, and after I lost the strength to run I would begin to walk and after I collapsed from walking, I would begin to crawl, and after my knees were so bloody that I could not use them, I would use my arms to drag myself, and once every muscle in my body was gone, I would begin to yell!  Oh if only you could see the vision that I have." ~ Spencer W. Kimball ~

No comments:

Post a Comment